Photo Agex® Serum
Photo Agex® Serum is a micro peel & rejuvenation night serum consisting of a combination of high strength acids & anti-oxidants for photo-damaged skin in people who do not wish to have a full skin peel procedure.
• Reduces pigmentation
• Reduces wrinkles
• Reduces inflammation
• Improves hydration
• Smoothens skin
• Increases collagen & dermal matrix
Photo Agex® Serum is ideal if you have:
• Sun-burnt skin
• Combination of Wrinkles & hyperpigmentation
• Chemical peels, micro-dermabrasion, laser, dermarolling
Directions of use
Massage on clean damp skin at night. It is adviced to use Photo Agex® Serum three nights a week for the first week followed by four nights a week.
Increasing by one application on a weekly basis so by the end of week four you may use it every night.
Must wear sun protection spf 50 while using Photo Agex® Serum & for one week after discontinuing use.
May cause tingling, which subsides after 5 minutes
Superficial redness & flaking is normal & will subside in a week
FUNCTIONS OF ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
L-Ascorbic Acid (Stable)
• Promotes collagen production
• Removes Hyperpigmentation
• Excellent Antioxidant
• Reduces Photo ageing
• Reduces oxidative stress caused by UV exposure
• Stable fat soluble Vitamin C
• Actinic keratosis
• Seborrheic keratosis, wrinkles & acne
• Enhances absorption of Ascorbic acid & Retinaldehyde
• Direct melangonesis inhibitor
• Increases epidermal hydration & thickness
• Reduces dryness causes by Glycolic acid & Ascorbic acid
• Gentle exfoliant
• Enhances Ascorbic acid absorption
• Intense moisturiser
• Corrects dryness
• Renews epidermal cells
• With glycolic acid removes wrinkles
• UV filter
• Mild exfoliant
Ferulic Acid & Mixed Tocopherols
• Fibroblast stimulator
• Excellent moisturiser
• Lipophylic keratolytic
How it works
How it works
Sunlight consists of UVA & UVB rays, in addition to visible light.
These rays cause “sun damage”, “photo damage” or “photo ageing”, through over-exposure to the sun during the natural life span of an individual.
There are two types of UV rays:
1. UVA rays penetrate deep into the skin resulting in early aging (wrinkles) and skin cancer.
2. UVB rays damage the surface of the skin and are the main source of sunburns.
You are continually exposed to harmful UVA rays, whether you are driving, sitting next to a window, gardening even on a cloudy day or even indoors!
Sun damage is a form of extrinsic aging, which occurs due to repeated & unprotected exposure to the sun.
This damage is accumulative and therefore over whelms the bodies healing ability.
With increased exposure to UV radiation, your anti-oxidant levels decrease and the skin becomes damaged due to the free radicals triggered by the sun.
The symptoms of photo damage are:
• Fine wrinkles
• Deep wrinkles
• Brown patches
• Small blood vessels
• Roughness or scaly patches
• Thick or fragile skin
The skin’s connective tissues weaken, causing sagging, wrinkling & visible imperfections on the skin surface.